Not sure this passes as macro. Our letterbox is under the thrall of this callistemon bush. As I went to look for letters this afternoon, I noticed this rather attractive arrangement of leaves. It just appealed to me greatly.
It's not obvious these days but I am a dedicated horse lover. We got horses when we first moved back to Australia when I was about seven. I was never a brave rider but the beauty and nobility of these animals still strikes me every time I come across them. And non-horsey people think I'm … Continue reading A Horsey Evening
This drawing was scanned instead of photographed. Much better quality!
Reblogged in response to Fandango’s Flashback Friday – a post from exactly a year ago. And this year is even shittier than last year so no, I’m not giving up meat. STILL. Sorry. I’m crap at vegetarianism.
- Knock knock.
- Who’s there?
- It’s your conscience.
- What? You again! Please leave me alone. Isn’t there some tenancy agreement where I get to reside here without your interference?
- My dear, I’m the tenant. Not you.
- Shit… You’ve got a complaint then.
- You should be pleased to see me.
- Ha! Why would that be?
- Because, my dear, you are on a tight rope above a crevasse.
- Ummm no. I’m in the kitchen.
- You think a kitchen precludes you from falling?
- What on earth are you talking about?
- Earth, yes. That’s right.
- My dear, I thought you were eating less meat. Do you remember that?
- Oh give me a break! It’s such a crap year. Are you really going to give me a hard time about that?
- Tell me about the crap this year.
- The fires!
- Yes. And on what do you blame the fires?
- Oh alright. Smarty pants.
- Any other…
View original post 137 more words